While the Missus is at work today, the Goose and I are home watching TV. I’ve mentioned how much the Goose enjoys Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, and to be fair, I’ve discussed how much good comes from that show, whether I like it or not.
But, gentle reader, there are other shows! And there are interesting facts about some of these shows.
- Curious George: The Goose will watch this, even though when we select it from Netflix, she’ll yell, “Dandul! Dandul!” (see translation). Once it starts with its flippin’ awesome theme song, she’s hooked. It’s silly and laid-back enough for me to enjoy it too. Fun Fact: The Narrator is voiced by William H. Macy.
- WordGirl: While she’s my favorite superhero from the planet Lexicon, the Goose is mainly just interested in when Captain Huggy Face dances. The humor is great for kids and adults alike, but perhaps she’s just a little young for it. I can hold out until she gets there. Fun Fact: The Narrator is voiced by Chris Parnell.
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Okay, okay, I know this is supposed to be the subset of shows that aren’t Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. So I’ll just go to the fun fact. Fun Fact: A great deal of the music in the show is performed by Jason Mraz.
- Martha Speaks: The Goose will sometimes request “Marfa! Marfa!” if she hasn’t yet seen the Netflix picture of Dandul. It’s an absurdly charming show about a talking dog who eats alphabet soup to maintain her linguistic abilities. Fun Fact: The show was first a book. I haven’t read the book, so I don’t know if it’s better or not. Usually is. Maybe I’ll get it for the Goose for her birthday and let her do a guest post to share her review.
- Burn Notice: Who doesn’t enjoy the zany antics of a former spy who’s trying to get his job back? Filled with explosions and details on how to make spy tools from office supplies, it’s just the escape from reality you need. Fun Fact #1: This is not a children’s show, and I don’t let the Goose watch it with me. Mostly because she’d be bored in 24 seconds and start yelling “Dandul!! Danduuullllll!!!!” Fun Fact #2: The website I linked is really poorly translated from French, I think. Have fun!
- Sponge Bob Square Pants: God willing, the Goose will never watch this show. Fun Fact: NEVER.
So today, I’ll probably watch most of these with the Goose at some point. The point isn’t the shows, the point is I love spending time with my little Goosey. Maybe we’ll color, too.