It’s official! The Goose no longer lives under a roof that covers four generations. As a result of all the craziness of finding a new home, I find it’s been nearly two months since I wrote my last post about not having posted in a while. Is this the new trend of keeping up? I can’t say for sure, but life has been crazy and wonderful in lots of ways.
- The Goose now lives about 40 minutes north of her previous home, and about as far south of her first home. I’m still working down south, and the Missus is taking a job back north, and this is a good halfway point.
- We have a house! It’s not home ownership, but evidently, renting a house is much more like home ownership than renting an apartment was. Who knew?
- We have space again!! Don’t misunderstand me, I remain grateful to my parents for all their help, and I always will, but being a man in my mid-30s gives me the itch to have things my own way. My own way is whatever the Missus tells me it is, and that’s just the way I likes it.
There are far too many tales of the Goose that have happened in the last two months for me to recount, and many I wish I had recorded. Here are a few! Some are fun, and some are… well, raising a two-year-old:
- The Goose turned two recently, and her vocabulary is increasing like crazy. I need to do another volume of the Goose to English dictionary, but a quick sneak preview came today from the Missus. She showed the Goose our new lawnmower. The Goose said, “Car!” The Missus said, “No, Goosie. This is a lawnmower.” The Goose said, “Lo lo myer!”
- The Goose is learning to dance. Nothing formal, but her own style of dancing. I fear, Goosie, that you have my natural (read: nonexistent) talent for the dance. That said, she does it with gusto! And maybe two is too young for natural ability to show itself. She does enjoy dancing to the blues, and to techno, and whatever else Daddy decides to play. My favorite dance move is when she spreads her arms out stiff beside and slightly behind her, she leans forward, she looks at the ground, and she sways back and forth.
- The Goose just tore the paper envelope for the Mario game that came with my Wii.
And keeping up with her just gets more and more fun. Hopefully, we’ll get settled in and I can keep you up on what she’s doing. Until then, I hope you enjoy this video of a church service.